The NOL card is an indispensable tool for daily Dubai commuters, facilitating easy access to public transportation via the Dubai Metro train and buses. Typically, travelers can check their NOL card balance by simply tapping it at train platforms. However, for those wanting to check their card balance remotely, while away from the metro, the RTA website offers an online balance checker feature. In this article, we provide a step-by-step guide on how to check your NOL card balance online.
How to Check NOL Card Balance Online:
Accessing the RTA Website
- Visit the RTA website at RTA Balance Checker.
- Navigate to “RTA Homepage” > “Public Transport” > “NOL” > “View NOL Card Balance.” Alternatively, use this direct balance checker link for quick access.
- Fill out the form with your NOL card number, located at the back of your card.
- Enter the security code displayed in the image and click the “Check” option. Your card balance will be shown at the bottom of the page.
Benefits of NOL Cards:
The NOL card, introduced by the Roads and Transport Authority (RTA), initially aimed at streamlining public transport payments, has evolved to offer numerous benefits:
- Seamless travel across Dubai via different transport modes
- Elimination of cash hassles and exact change concerns
- Affordable fares and easy parking payments
- Concession fares for students, people of determination, and senior citizens
- Versatility for purchasing food, groceries, and items at authorized shops
Types of NOL Cards:
- Silver Card (AED 25): Ideal for first-time users with a top-up limit of AED 1000, valid for 5 years.
- Gold Card (AED 25): Offers access to Metro’s Gold Class seats, with a top-up limit of AED 500, valid for 5 years.
- Blue Card (AED 70): A personalized smart card with online top-up services, a top-up limit of AED 5000, and a 5-year validity.
- Red Ticket (AED 2): Suitable for occasional travel with a 90-day validity.
- Customized Card (AED 30): Features 16 Dubai-inspired designs, with a top-up limit of AED 1000 and a 5-year validity.
Requirements for Concession Fares:
- Students: National ID, and a stamped letter from the educational institution.
- People of Determination: National ID and a copy of the permanent disability card.
- Senior Citizens (Emiratis): National ID.
Using NOL Card for Transport:
- Travel Across Dubai: Tap your card at Metro gates, Bus validators, and Tram card reader machines.
- Ride the Water Bus: Use NOL Red Ticket for Water Buses or top-up Silver, Gold, or Blue Cards.
- Pay for Parking: Add value to your e-purse and tap at parking meter machines.
Using NOL Card for Non-Transport:
- Buy Food and Groceries: Use your card for purchases at authorized shops and sales agents.
- Fill up on Petrol: Pay for fuel at ENOC and EPCO gas stations with your NOL card.
- Visit Parks, Gardens, and Museums: Tap your card at the entrance of public gardens and museums.
Ways to Top-Up Your NOL Card:
- RTA Website
- RTA Mobile App
- Service Centres
- Authorised Sales Agents
- Banks (Emirates NBD and Abu Dhabi Commercial Bank)
Disclaimer: This article serves for informational purposes. For detailed information, please visit the official Roads and Transport Authority (RTA) website.